Sunday, October 9, 2011

Physical Therapy

So after that first appointment with Dr. K I decided to try physical therapy and see if that would help.  I got set up with a great physical therapist, Nikki, who was determined to help me avoid surgery.  I went to my first physical therapy appointment and then went to Savannah for a few days with a big group of girl friends.  I walked around Savannah a lot in my boot, but it was fine.  I made sure to ice it each night and did fine with it.  Sure, it hurt, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

I came back and kept going to physical therapy twice a week.  It really seemed to help.  I went to physical therapy for probably about 6 weeks.  With that, spending 2 weeks on crutches and some anti-inflammatories that I got when I went for a second opinion my foot really started to feel better.  It was better enough that I got out of the boot and Nikki released me from physical therapy. 

I knew I had to be nice to my foot, but I thought I was done with the big issues with my foot, at least I hoped I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment