I went to the doctor on Monday and, after waiting over an hour and a half for my appointment, I got my stitches out! The incision actually looks pretty good. I don't think the scar is going to be too bad.
It's really nice to have the stitches out and not have the big bandage on it anymore, but it actually aches more now that it did before. I think the way it was bandaged helped hold my arch up and now without that support the tendon that he reattached is having to do more work and it's still got a lot of healing to do. As for the incision it just itches. It doesn't really hurt, but it really itches, which is really annoying since I have to have my boot on.
I'm still not weight bearing on it. I got back to the doctor in two
weeks (on the 24th) and he said that normally after that appointment
they let you start walking in the boot. I cannot wait to be off of
these crutches. My doctor told me that I can start physical therapy anytime, but the first time they could get me in is next Wednesday, so that's when I'll start. I got next Wednesday and Friday. I look forward to starting physical therapy so that I can learn what I'm really allowed to do with my foot, you know?
Here's a picture of my foot right now. I don't think my ankle is really that fat- I think it's just the angle and swelling- or at least that's what I'm telling myself...
I'll spare you from the picture of my foot from the day they took off my original bandage. I took a picture when I was at the doctor before they changed my bandage. It's pretty gross, though. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment