On Monday I ran for the first time since surgery! I know I have to ease my way back into it so I don't hurt my foot, so I decided to start with a couch to 5k program. It eases you into running by making you switch back and forth between walking and running. I'm really trying to stick to it and not run more than it suggests to give my foot a chance to get used to running. Monday's run/walk felt really good. I did my second run/walk yesterday and it felt really good as well. My plan is to run three days a week, most likely Sunday (or Monday), Wednesday and Friday. I'm supposed to run a 5 mile race with some coworkers in March, so we'll see how that goes. I'm hoping to at least be able to run most of it even if I can't run it all. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to run that and maybe even be ready for a half marathon in the fall. We'll see, though. My biggest goal for this year is to stay out of the orthopedist's office!
Here is a link to the couch to 5k plan I'm doing. Of course, I may alter it as I get further along, but for now I'm sticking with it.
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
No comments:
Post a Comment