I finished up my first week of marathon training on Saturday with a 6 mile run. It was hot and I was tired, but I did it. Ben and I went to see Mike Cooley in concert Friday night and didn't get home until after 11, so I was tired when I had to get up and meet people to run at 7. I knew, though, that it was going to be a hot and busy day, so I needed to get my run in early to be able to do it and not deal with the insane heat.
I've met a lot of wonderful women through my Moms Run This Town group. One of those women is Angie, who ran with me on Saturday. Angie also runs with me most Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Angie told me on Saturday that her limit right now is 6 miles, but I'll see if I can get her to extend that so I can run with her more...
I felt pretty good through my first week of training. I ran Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday will no real pains or soreness. I was sore after Saturday's 6 mile run, probably because I hadn't run 6 miles in probably around a month or so. I didn't do any workouts other than running. I'm hoping to get into the habit of adding a couple of weight training sessions, too, so that I can make sure I'm working my upper body as well. Another running friend, Summer, challenged me to do 22 push-ups a day for 22 days to raise awareness for veteran suicide, so I am doing that. Today was day 7 and today's push-ups were the easiest so far.
Today started week 2 and this morning's 3 miles went well. It was hot and humid, but that's to be expected this time of year. Tomorrow is supposed to be less humid, so I'm looking forward to that! I'm also hoping to get some new running shoes this week. My plan is to get a couple of pairs that will hopefully last me through training and the race. We'll see...
No comments:
Post a Comment