Friday, September 30, 2011

How it started...

 On the morning of March 5th we were all getting ready to go to my friend Beth's daughter Kendall's 1st birthday party.  Before the party we were meeting a friend of mine from high school to give her some of Paige and Virginia's old sleepers.  Ben went to put Jefferson in his crate in the basement and I was going to carry the box of sleepers and Kendall's gift out to the car.  I took the one step down into our foyer and stepped on a toddler shoe.  I twisted my ankle, fell and that was it.

I got up and I walked on it.  We took the girls to the party and they had a lot of fun.  I walked on it all day, but it hurt.  I had been training for a 10 mile race at the end of April and I was really afraid that now I wasn't going to be able to run it.  Little did I know what was in store for me.

The next morning it still really hurt so Ben convinced me to go to Urgent Care to get it checked out.  They took x-rays, said it was sprained and put me in an air cast.  They also said that if it wasn't better in a week to go see my regular doctor.

A little over a week later I noticed that my ankle was feeling better, but my foot hurt.  It couldn't stand with my right foot flat without pain, so I decided it was time to see another doctor.  I called one office and they couldn't get me in with their foot specialist so I called a different office.  Their foot and ankle specialist had an appointment for the next day, so I took it.  At this point I was hoping it was something simple and I'd be back up and running in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment